Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Stitched Background Thank You Card

Seeing all of these amazing stitched cards floating around in the paper crafting world lately inspired me to create my own stitched background using a die I already had in my stash - the Stud Argyle Background Die by Gina Marie Designs.  (It's only $10 if you'd like to own one yourself!!).



Jennifer McGuire has created some amazing stitched backgrounds that I'll link here.  I would love to own the die that she used, and I may eventually still get it, but I'm on a tight budget right now so I was excited to find that I could get a similar look using a die I already had on hand.


It really didn't take long at all to stitch and was a very relaxing process.  I also used a Thank You sentiment from one of the new great stamp sets that Gina will be releasing on September 15th, framed with her stitched scalloped rectangle die.  It wasn't the quickest card I've ever made but it was absolutely worth the little extra effort.

Thank you for stopping by!
~Stephanie


2 comments:

  1. What type of thread did you use? I can't wait to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dina, I just used embroidery thread from Walmart. I think it's DMC brand? I pulled it apart and used two strands (doubled over) at once. I'm not much into sewing but I loved creating these backgrounds. I have more color combos on the way that I'll be sharing later this week or next. I want to see what you create!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete