Thursday, February 23, 2017

Life (and crafty) Update

I've been MIA for a while.  I can't wait to get back into the craft room and start creating again.  We sold our home and we've also purchased a new home, but before we move in we wanted to have a few things done to the house.  Nothing too crazy - just some new flooring, paint, and window coverings.  In the meantime our entire home, including my craft room, is packed away into two large storage containers for a few weeks.  We've been able to stay at my in-laws house since they're away enjoying the sunshine.

In our new home, my craft room is going to be much smaller than my previous room.  It's also wide open to the entry so it's the first thing you see when you enter the home.  This means I'm going to have to do some extreme organizing and probably a major purge of craft supplies.  I have a vision of how I'm going to set up the room and thought I'd let you follow me along through the process.  I'll post pictures of the progress, though they won't be too exciting until we're able to start moving in.  To start, here are a couple "before" pictures of my new crafty space. 


Many people have these small front entry rooms in their homes and often use them as a sitting room or as an office.  For us a sitting room would be a waste of space so I'm going to utilize it a bit differently and hopefully create a craft room that is both functional and beautiful.  First order of business is to remove the carpeting and having some laminate wood floors installed.  Stay tuned...


Thanks for stopping by! 
~Stephanie


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see your new space all set up!!! I'm sure it's going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete