Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Peace on Earth - A Holiday Shaker Card

Hello everyone!  For today's project I wanted to create shaker card that sort of resembled a snow globe.  I've included a process video below along with some pictures and links to all of the products I used, which can all be purchased on KatScrappiness.com.


Video:



I started out doing some Distress Ink blending on Tim Holtz Watercolor Cardstock.  I wanted a really colorful background for this scene.  After blending the ink I also gave it a quick spritz using this Sparkling Sheer Shimmer Spritz for some added twinkle.


Next I used the Stitched Rectangle dies along with the Double Stitched Circle dies to create the front of my shaker window, which was cut using some grey cardstock.


I wanted to add a little extra texture and interest to the inside of the shaker, so I embossed the inner circle using this Geometric Next Level Embossing folder by We R Memory Keepers.  I didn't emboss the full panel because I wanted a flat surface to adhere my foam tape to.  If you haven't tried these Next Level embossing folders you need to!  The dimension it adds is incredible.


The Winter House Scene die by Gina Marie Designs created the perfect peaceful winter scene for my shaker.  It reminded me of something I would see in a snow globe. I first cut it from some white cardstock and then cut it from the same Double Stitched Circle die I used earlier so it would nestle perfectly inside the shaker window.  I decided to adhere it over top of the acetate rather than on the inside so it didn't get lost behind the sequins.


For the inside of my shaker I used three different sequins mixes from Kat's shop.  I used the White Diamond Mix, The Sparkling Snow Sequin Mix, and these adorable Snowflakes.  The combination of these three adds a good variety of sparkle and texture.


After attaching the front of my shaker card I wrapped some silver twine around the panel and tied a bow with a couple of these fun 6mm Jingle Bells.


I'm sure you've heard me talk about this Merriest sentiment stamp set from Avery Elle before.  It's a favorite of mine and I turn to it quite often.  It's the perfect set that includes sentiments for so many different holidays and occasions.  I used the Silver Moonlight Embossing Powder by Nuvo to emboss the word Peace, and I stamped the rest of the sentiment in some grey dye ink.  I popped it up on some foam tape before adding it to my card front.


That completes my shaker card.  Thank you so much for stopping by today.  I have included links to all the of products below.  I'll see you soon with another fun holiday card project.
~Stephanie

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment