Monday, October 3, 2016

Winter Wishes

Hello friends!  It's a little early for making winter cards, but I  had this idea to create a Distress Ink watercolor background using shimmer spritz to move the color around, and it just sort of evolved into a winter card from there.




I didn't take any pictures of the process, because I really just sat down to play around with the idea.  I started out using some Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Paper and did some pretty simple ink blending with my Distress Inks.  Next, I sprayed my panel with some Shimmer Spritz and let the colors move around a bit before drying it with my heat tool.  It blended the colors nicely and added such a beautiful sparkle in the light. 


I decided it would be fun to cut some pieces of my panel out and pop them up on some fun foam.  Looking through my dies, I landed on these Stitched Snowflake dies from Lawn Fawn.  I then heat embossed my sentiment in white, using an older stamp set from Simon Says Stamp called Hand Lettered Wishes.  You could really use any sentiment you have on hand, though.  After that I added a cut my panel down using the Double Stitched Rectangle Die from Kat Scrappiness to add a nice stitched detail along the edge.  I finished the card off by scattering some of the Sparkling Clear Droplets from Kat Scrappiness and adding an iridescent bow from some twine that I had in my stash.

I love how this turned out and will definitely be using this technique again.  You'll have to give it a try yourself!  Thanks for stopping by!  A list of the supplies I used on this card are linked below, if you're interested. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment