Monday, September 5, 2016

Hello Crafty Friend!

I don't send cards to my fellow crafty friends often enough.  I thought it would be fun to get out my watercolors for this one and create a bright and colorful card to say Hello. 


I started by creating an ink blended background using distress inks.  I find that whenever you're using a cover up die over the top of your background it's very forgiving of any blending blunders and your ink blending doesn't have to be perfect.


I wanted the colors to be fairly saturated and bright for this card.  The Distress Ink colors I used were: Abandoned Coral, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Cracked Pistachio, and Broken China.


By adding some shimmer and glossy accents over each paint color on the pallet it creates the idea of real paint.  I used some foam tape to add dimension to the canvas, added a little bakers twine, and this card is finished.


Products Used:
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Glitter Brush Pen in Clear
Ranger Glossy Accents
My Favorite Things Proof Positive Cover Up Die-Namics
Paper Smooches I Heart Art Stamp Set
Distress Inks in Abandoned Coral, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Cracked Pistachio, and Broken China



No comments:

Post a Comment