Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Hello Beautiful

Well Hello!  We're gearing up for the annual peach festival here in our small town this week so I was inspired to create something peach.  I love the softness of this card paired with the grey, and I thought the butterfly went perfectly with this sweet sentiment. 


I started off doing some ombre ink blending on the background using the Tattered Rose Distress Ink.  I started darker on the left and used a lighter hand as I moved across the panel to the right.  I then covered that with the Stitched Lattice die from Memory Box, which is definitely becoming a new favorite of mine.  It lets a little color peek through and I love the stitched details.


The Hello die cut is stacked 3 layers high for a little added dimension, and I stamped the word Beautiful below that in a Pale Blush Pink ink.  I love adding a layer of die cut vellum behind this butterfly die - it adds some interest and a little softness to it, which you can see better in real life.  I finished off the card with  some scattered sequins topped with some diamond stickles for lots of sparkle, an outline heart die, and this card is complete. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  I hope you enjoyed today's card!

Products Used:
Memory Box Lattice Background Die
Tessler Crafts Ellentina Butterfly Die
Simon Says Stamp Pale Blush Pink Dye Ink
Simon Says Stamp Outline Heart Die
Simon Says Stamp Painted Hello Die
My Favorite Things Essentials Sentiments Stamp Set
Ranger Diamond Stickles
Clear Sequins (From my Stash)
Ranger Multi Medium Matte


1 comment:

  1. I have this background die by Memory Box, this reminds me I need to get it out! What a lovely and subtle card, your style is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete