Monday, September 12, 2016

Happy Birthday

My Mother-in-Law asked me to make some birthday cards for her, so I've been on a bit of a Birthday card kick.  I try to have a good variety of cards on hand, but most of my birthday cards are geared towards the younger generations. 


I love the contrast between the black and white and the softer colors on this card.  I used a Swiss Dot embossing folder to give some subtle texture behind the stitched frames, which are stacked 4 layers high for added dimension. 


I love the nice variety of scripty greetings in this sentiment set from Simon Says Stamp.  I'm pretty sure it's Kristina Werner's handwriting, which is my favorite. 


I finished off the card by tucking some bakers twine sprigs behind each cluster of flowers and adding some scattered sequins. 

Thank you for stopping by my blog.  I hope you enjoyed today's card.  I've included a list of the supplies I used below.

Products Used:
Avery Elle Fabulous Florals Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Frames Dies
Swiss Dot Embossing Folder
Simon Says Stamp Big Scripty Greetings Stamp Set
Distress Inks in Broken China, Tattered Rose, Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint, and Forest Moss
Black and White Bakers Twine
Enamel Dots
3M Foam Tape







No comments:

Post a Comment