Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Fall Birthday Card

I had a lot of fun creating today's card using an inked embossing folder technique for my background.  If you haven't tried it you really need to.  It gives you more options with your embossing folders, it's easy to do, and gives beautiful results.


To create my inked and embossed background I started with a piece of Neenah Desert Storm cardstock.  I rubbed one side of the embossing folder with Walnut ink from Lawn Fawn, placed my cardstock in the folder being careful not to let it shift, and ran it through my Big Shot.  What results is a beautifully embossed background with lots of texture on the raised portion and ink in the recessed areas.  You can get different results depending on which side of the folder you ink.  Give it a try and see the results for yourself.  It's really a fun technique.   


I used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Dies to create some mats for this card using the Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid paper as well as a dark brown cardstock from my stash.  The word die was popped up using fun foam for added dimension and the sentiment banner was embossed using a brown tinsel embossing powder that sparkles in real life.  I finished off the card with some bakers twine and pearls from my stash for a lovely fall themed birthday card. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing how I created today's card.  Thank you for stopping by. 

Supplies Used:
Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Fall Paper
Lawn Fawn For You Die
Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiments Banner Die
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Dies
Lawn Fawn Premium Die Ink in Walnut
My Favorite Things Essential Sentiments Stamp Set
Cuttlebug Poppy Embossing Folder by Anna Griffin
Neenah Dessert Storm Cardstock
Fun Foam
3M Foam Tape



 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card!!
    I have not done that technique in a very long time. Thanks for refreshing my memory!!

    ReplyDelete