Friday, September 9, 2016

Eye Think You're Awesome!

I'm back today to share another fun bookmark we made for the Market at my daughters school.  I talked about this fun school project in yesterday's post, so if you haven't read it I'll link to it here.

Today's bookmark was made using the new Monster Love stamp set from My Favorite Things.  Again, I kept it very simple so it would be easy produce assembly line style.  This one is pretty self explanatory... I cut a piece of cardstock down to 5.5" x 2", which gives you 8 bookmarks per sheet of cardstock.  I used the Stampin' Up Tag Topper Punch to create the top of the bookmark, but really you could get away with simply punching a hole.  We stamped a few monsters, added a couple different sizes of google eyes to one of the monsters, and attached a coordinating tassel that we created out of some yarn. 


I feel like bookmarks are the perfect craft for children of any age because it's something they can use and appreciate.  They would also make a fun birthday party craft, or you could give them as a gift  along with a favorite book.

Products Used:
MFT Monster Love Stamp Set
Stampin' Up Tag Topper Punch
MFT Pigment Inks in Cornflower and Green Eyed Monster (fitting color for this project, right?)
Ranger Multi Medium Matte
Google Eyes







2 comments:

  1. So much fun, love the way you inked these guys up. I love bookmarks, why do I never think to make these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You know I never thought to make them until my daughter started reading chapter books and kept losing her bookmarks. Her teachers also love them... I give them sets of 25 bookmarks to hand out to the class for prizes.

      Delete