Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Thanks a Bushel

I took a tiny break from the recent Christmas kick I've been on to create this adorable gift card holder using some of the newly released Lawn Fawn products.  

I used my copic markers to color in this bushel of apples from the Thanks a Bushel stamp set.  I'm definitely no expert when it comes to copic coloring, but felt like these images are easy enough to do some very simple blending. 


My daughter has been lucky to end up with some amazing teachers and mentors in her life.  I'd like to think that our school has the best, but honestly I think all teachers are pretty amazing!  I never really had a true appreciation for what our teachers do on a daily basis until I volunteered to help in class for an entire day when they had a substitute teacher.  Can I just tell you how exhausted I was by the end of the day?  Bless our teachers!  And spoil them, too. 


I absolutely love the stitched detail and flourish edges on this gift card die.  I think gift cards make the perfect gift for anyone, so I'll definitely get a lot of use out of this one.


I placed small adhesive Velcro dots on the inside to secure the flap.  These can be found at almost any big box store and work well for a project like this.


I attached the basket of apples and my heat embossed banner using some foam tape for added dimension, I coated the apples with some Wink of Stella for a little subtle shimmer, and finished off with a bakers twine bow. 

Thank you for stopping by my blog.  I hope you enjoyed today's project.

Products Used:
Lawn Fawn Thanks a Bushel Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Envelope Die
Lawn Fawn Tiny Tag Sayings Stamp Set
Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen
3M Foam Tape





No comments:

Post a Comment