Thursday, August 11, 2016

So Happy For You

I made this scalloped vellum panel ages ago with the idea to make it into a shaker card.  It just never happened.  This week my goal is to finish all of my old abandoned projects.   

I love the soft bokeh effect you get with the shaker behind vellum.  The pale yellow paper you see in the roses was handmade by yours truly.  I tend to hoard my handmade paper because it really is a labor of love.  I've decided it's doing me absolutely no good sitting on a shelf in my craft room, though, so it's my goal to start incorporating it into my cards more often.
 

The background of this card was made using a stencil and texture paste that I sprinkled with very fine glitter before it dried.  You can't tell in the pictures, but in real life it sparkles beautifully in the light.

Products used:
My Favorite Things Scribbled Roses Die-Namics
My Favorite Things Layered Leaves Die-Namics
My Favorite Things Essential Sentiments Stamp Set
Simon Says Stamp You Die
Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely ADORE this card, every time I look at it I'm like, wow! So beautiful! On my blog, you can find my email..send me a note if you are looking to do any design work. :) rutabagapiedesigns . blogspot . com

    ReplyDelete