Sunday, August 21, 2016

Hello Felt Flowers - Color Throwdown Challenge #406

For today's card I decided to dig out some of my long forgotten felts and participate in the Color Throwdown Challenge #406.


I started out creating a water colored background with Ripe Persimmon and Antique Linen Distress Inks, using the ever popular "smooshing" technique.  I placed some ink down on a piece of laminate, spritzed it with water and smooshed my watercolor paper down onto the ink, letting it dry several times between applications.


I cut my watercolor panel into three sections, adding a scalloped border and some foam tape to the center section for added dimension.  I  attached my felt flowers and my brush script Hello die, which is stacked three layers high.  I finished the card off with some scattered sequins topped with a bit of liquid pearls. 



Products Used:
Heartfelt Creations Rose Die
Simon Says Stamp Painted Hello Die
Avery Elle Sweet Scallops Die
Enamel Dots from Doodlebug
Tim Holtz Distress Inks from Ranger
Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper
Melon Berry felt from Papertrey Ink
Other felts from an awesome felt supplier on Etsy called BusyLittleBird (her felts die cut very nicely and she's the sweetest seller with amazing customer service)



2 comments:

  1. felt flowers are always so pretty. this is lovely. thanks for playing along with Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love your smooshed background and felt flowers. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete