Thursday, August 18, 2016

A Wooden Card

After seeing all of the fun cards posted on Instagram lately incorporating wood veneer paper I decided I wanted to try creating one myself.  When I saw that Joann's had it on sale for 50% off plus free shipping I got right on it.  I have so many ideas running through my head I wasn't sure where I wanted to start.  I knew I wanted to create the look of inlaid wood by doing some paper piecing, so I started searching through my dies and found this one by Sizzix called You Are My Happy. 


I think it would be fun to dye some of the pieces using my distress re-inkers for a little added color.  I was very pleased with how this wood paper was to work with.  It cut nicely and the veneer lays flat.  I was worried about having to deal with the wood warping or wanting to bubble when using the liquid adhesive, but that wasn't the case at all.  I like that it's a change from the norm... something a little new and different.

Products used:
Cherry Wood Veneer Paper by ARC Crafts
White Birch Wood Veneer Paper by ARC Crafts
You Are My Happy Die by Sizzix
Stitched Rectangle Die by Lawn Fawn

No comments:

Post a Comment