Wednesday, August 31, 2016

A Monster-Sized Birthday

I had so much fun creating today's card using these adorable monsters.  The minute I saw this monster with his hand up I knew he needed to be holding something.



My original design had him holding some balloons, but I just couldn't make it look right with the one balloon stamp I have on hand.  I need to add a good basic balloon set to my wish list because they're definitely an essential.  It was then I decided a sucker would be fun, especially for an extra little birthday treat.


I wanted this card to be very colorful and bright so I stamped the monsters using different colors on their top half than their bottom half.  I added a colorful strip of cardstock from my stash, just to tie all of the colors together.  I finished off the card with some bakers twine, water droplets, and punched two holes to thread the sucker through. 


Threading the sucker through the holes does warp the card a bit.  If you don't like how that looks, you could also adhere the sucker directly to the front of the card with a strong double sided adhesive or even thread some twine through the holes and attach the sucker with a bow.

Thank you for stopping by my blog to see today's card.  Yeseterday I posted about some exciting news that I'll be sharing later this week.  Stay tuned because that's still coming.  Today I'm BEYOND excited to tell you that I now have TWO very big and very exciting things happening here at ThePaperyMakery.  It's killing me that I can't share them quite yet, so be sure to check back for more updates!

Products Used:
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Die
My Favorite Things Monster Love Stamp Set
My favorite Things Pigment Inks in Poppy, Pineapple, Field Day and Green Eyed Monster (fitting color for this card, yes?)
VersaFine Onyx Black Pigment Ink
Clear Water Droplets
Bakers Twine

1 comment: