Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A Foiled Thanks

Every time I clean or reorganize my craft room I realize just how many supplies I hoard.  My handmade paper is definitely one of them, my felts are another, and also my heat transfer foils.  I'm sure there are others, too.  I have foils in every color imaginable and they're all so pretty I don't want to use them. 


For this card I decided to do some gold foiling on black.  I was worried that when I printed my design I wouldn't be able to see the black toner on my black paper, but it really wasn't hard.  It gives a sort of tone on tone look so it's easy to work with. For my foiling I use an ancient laminator from Scotch that I've had for YEARS and it works well as long as you let it heat up for a good 20 minutes before using. 


After foiling my panel using a digital paper I had in my (digital) stash, I cut a section out and wrapped some gold thread around and around and around, securing it on the back with some tape.  I tied a bow using the same thread and added my sentiment die, which is stacked 4 high for dimension.  I finished my card off using some scattered gold sequins.  Sometimes I don't know when to stop with sequins, but for this card I think it works.  I love the classy gold and black color combo.  I think it has inspired me to start using my foils more often.  Especially with the holidays coming up.

Products Used:
Painted Thanks die from Simon Says Stamp
Gold DecoFoil
Gold Metallic Thread by Coats & Clark
Sparkle and Shine Sequin Mix from Simon Says Stamp



No comments:

Post a Comment